This one's for Grandpa

Wednesday, June 09, 2004

looooong time

Well. As I promised, I did indeed take a long hiatus from blogging. Natalie and I discussed the situation last night and came to the conclusion that while SHE has nothing to talk about, I just don't have time to blog. Add to the fact that my internet at home is still dial-up, which means I tie up the phone line every time I'm on so half the family is nagging me to get off, blogging just isn't the beautiful experience it was in San Francisco, with Eric's glorious G5, high speed internet, and all the free time in the world. Alas. I blog on, folks, just for you.
Well it certainly was a busy weekend. Thursday night was a street fair uptown, which meant I was at work til 10:30 at night. On Friday morning I went to the ENT, and he stuck a microscope up my nose (OUCH) and determined that I have acute sinusitus and I got started on medication. I headed in to work for a few hours, then drove up to Royerford to get my nailsssss doneeee with the other bridesmaids for my cousin's wedding. Well. I never thought I'd say this, but I actually enjoyed it -I can look at my toes and not think they are hideously ugly! After the salon, we went to Ellen's house and just hung out for awhile, ate some chips, then got ready for the rehearsal. I wore the dress Grandpa bought me at Teri Ann's and it was a hit. The rehearsal was fine, and then the rehearsal DINNER ---- WOOOOOOOO. GOOD FOOD. I had crabcakes and risotto - YUM - with a caesar salad. Man oh man. Ellen gave us our gifts (pearl bracelets she had bought in Hawaii) and then we went home and went to bed. It was up early the next day to get ready. The wedding was at 2, so we had a lot of girls to make beautiful before then. Ellen's cousin Sue did my hair and makeup - wow. That was a new experience for me. We ate some fruit and bagels for breakfast while everyone got ready, then we put on our dresses and took some pictures. Ellen had rented a trolley to take us to the church and reception, so we hopped on board and then we went to the ceremony! It was a lovely mass, and Ellen's dress was gorgeous. My father, ever so tenderly, whispered "Don't trip!" as I walked down the aisle. Nice. The whole bridal party got into the trolley to go to the reception, and the drinking commenced. The reception was a great time, the food was good and the music was good. I had a blast dancing with everyone and had not so much of a blast getting groped by several of the groomsmen. We had a moment of silence for Kevin, Ellen's brother who is stationed in Afghanistan. He called Ellen twice on the day of the wedding, and she held it together pretty well, I thought. They are really close, so it was sad to have him miss the wedding. But anyway, as I said, the reception was fun, and we spent some time in the hotel bar after the reception, as well. It was fun to see so many cousins, and even some who looked like me! We headed home around 1:15, and I got into bed by 2...then woke up at 5:30 to go to work. It was Super Sunday uptown, and I had a major role in planning the event for work, so I had to be there bright and early to get started. It rained for awhile in the morning, but overall the event was a success, I think. I was pretty pleased with it, at any rate. Soo, after a 13 hour work day running on 3 and a half hours of sleep, I went home and crashed, basically. I ate some food, took a shower, and just relaxed. Monday and Tuesday were average workdays - I went to see Harry Potter on Monday night and I was VERY pleased. It was awesome!!! I liked it SO much better than the other two. Very cool, as this is my favorite Harry Potter book, so it was great to have a good movie. Last night I went over to Chris' and watched Bridget Jones's Diary, and I'm back at work today. It's Mom's birthday, so everyone should call and wish her happy birthday! I think we're going out for ice cream or something tonight to celebrate, and then I'm off to Colorado to visit Annie tomorrow. I probably won't blog before then, so I'll fill you all in next week on my trip. Maybe I'll even blog from Colorado!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home