This one's for Grandpa

Tuesday, May 25, 2004

!

I can only begin to express my dismay at my horrible lack of presence in the blogging scene over the past few days. I apologize profoundly - however, life has been busy, and you will soon see why.
I arrived home on Friday, the day of my last blog, to Grandpa and Uncle Phil - yay! It was great to see them, and we had fun hanging out and talking. Mom was out at a meeting, and Dad was figuring out how to pirate cable from our neighbor (since we don't have cable and the BIIIIG Flyers' game was on ESPN the next day, during the party) so I chilled with Gramps and Uncle Phil, ate some hummus, and made the icing for the cakes I had made the night before (mocha, chocolate, and cream cheese...mmmMmmmMm). We had a nice dinner once Mom got home, and then I headed out with some friends to see Troy - which was, surprisingly, ok. I mean, granted, the plot lines were NOT accurate, but a lot of the themes were right on and I was really pleased to see that. I went out to the diner with Eric, Annie, Peter, and Luke (our typical hang out) and we chilled for awhile, then picked up my drunk older brother in town. He fell asleep in the car on the way home, so Annie and I had a peaceful ride...for the most part, anyway. Hit the sack - the next day was going to be a BIG day.
On Saturday, I woke up, picked up some sausage (mm...yum...or not) and Paul and Kennon (his girlfriend) from band. We went home and cleaned for awhile, set up the backyard with tables and stuff, and helped put out food. I ran up to take a shower just as the first guests arrived. The party was a blast - lots of people playing with my ducks, chilling out, good food, good company. Ben raked in a lot of dough (which he needs...as he just crashed another car...yikes) and a good time was had by all. Around 7:30, all of Ben's buddies camped out around the TV to watch the Flyers' game, and as Annie and I were uninterested in this pursuit, we moved in on the wine. She and I had a good time drinking and chatting with people as the night went on. Ben's buddies peaced out to hit the bars around 10:30 and I hung out with my friends, talking, playing some Great Dalmudi, and pretty soon Paul and Kennon showed up too. We had a nice time.
The next morning, I got up early to say good bye to Grandpa and Uncle Phil. It was a nice visit but far too short! After they left, I went BACK TO BED!!! I was tired. Then I got up and threw myself into CLEANING MY ROOM, which was a pit. It's looking much better now, but there was a load of books on the floor and no where to put them, so I went shopping for a bookshelf. No luck. I chilled out mostly on Sunday night, and talked to Dad about building a bookshelf...read a little, then went to bed early.
Monday, of course, meant work again. We've got a huge event coming up so I was going a little crazy sending out information to all the people involved. THIS is the reason I could not shirk my duties and blog - my job actually demanded my attention. Imagine that. Last night, I went to Home Despot to get some wood for my BOOKSHELF!!! then went to Rita's with Eric and Peter. We stopped by Jill's house to say hey, since she'd been away. Home to bed after too long.
Today was work again. Loooong day, and I'm about to peace out and go to the YMCA before heading home to build my BOOKSHELF with my dad. See? I've been busy!
In other news: I have finally named the final duck. I finally decided on P.K. - if you can figure out why I named it that, I'll give you a shout out in the blog (any blogger's greatest dream...)

1 Comments:

At 8:15 PM, Blogger nataliejane said...

Well Wunna, it's about damn time. I almost stopped checking this blogsite. Glad to see you are back. And think about the title of your blog the next time you neglect your blogging duties, "This one's for Grandpa" perhaps that will give you the courage to blog on!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home