This one's for Grandpa

Wednesday, May 12, 2004

blog blog blog

Well it's back to another hard day of blogging. We had a great time yesterday at dinner - the food was SO. GOOD. and of course, the company was amazing too. We drove back up the mountain after dinner up these wiiindy wiiiiindy mountain roads. I think it would've been cooler in the daylight, where we could see through the trees out over the mountain, but it was neat at night too. We hung out with Annie for awhile, and played with Molly (that dog is out of control) and then headed up to Eric's for bed. Not a busy night but we had fun. Today we're chillin out maxin relaxin all cool - headed to Google for lunch, and anything outside of that is up in the air. We might go shopping for Eric's apartment later on tonight. Other than that, only time will tell.

Reflections on my visit to Starr King: I started out unimpressed. There was a service going on when I arrived, and it was cool but I felt a little out of place - it was very interactive and I didn't know anyone, so it was kinda weird. Then I went to a class, which was ok but not awesome (Music in the services - they were just presenting projects, since it was the end of the semester I had missed the bulk of what the class had to offer). Anyway, I was headed to meet with the admissions lady when I saw the president of the school, and I said hello and introduced myself, and she offered to talk to me for a few minutes. It was very helpful and made me look at the school and my future in a whole different light. I was really glad to get a chance to talk to her, because it kinda turned my thinking of the school around. So I met with the admissions lady and then headed out to the Graduate Theological Union Bookstore - which was 3 doors down from Starr King - how cool. Overall, it was an intriguing experience. I have some thinking to do for sure.

1 Comments:

At 9:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi ME - this hole blogging thing is new to me...even though I have read about it, I still don't really understand what makes it so great. It seems like an online diary that everyone can read (where's the fun in that when you can't find a hiding place for the key so your brother can't read it!). Anyway - it was GREAT to read about your trip...looking forward to seeing you soon! xo Anne

 

Post a Comment

<< Home