This one's for Grandpa

Friday, May 14, 2004

a new day

Well, yesterday was a nice day. We went and played with the dogs on the beach (beautiful beach! such nice clear water) and then followed Sarah to Santa Cruz. She had class, so we parted ways, and Natalie and I stopped at a little bakery called Emily's Bakery and got a sandwich. After that, we drove up and around UC Santa Cruz's campus, which was interesting, and then headed back down Highway 1 to Monterey. It was a beautiful drive, we passed all kinds of organic farms and strawberry stands. We drove down Cannery Row, where Steinbeck wrote, and then headed down a scenic beach road to 17 Mile Drive. What a beautiful area! We got out and climbed on some rocks for awhile - it was fun but I scraped my leg. The houses in 17 Mile Drive were amazing - Natalie picked out her future home (don't worry, there is PLENTY of space for all of us) and then we arrived in Carmel. We drove through Carmel and then picked up Highway 1 back north to Annie's. I wanted to try to stop and get some artichokes, but the place I planned on stopping was closed. Bummer. We got back to Annie's and made some dinner - parsnips, stir fry, and salad. Eric was still feeling gross so he didn't eat much and slept on the couch most of the night. We toasted marshmallows in the fire and then played a game of triple solitaire, but they weren't very successful games. Headed back to Eric's and slept. Eric left early this morning to take Natalie to the airport, and I showered and headed down to Annie's. I think I'm about to go scrounge around for some food...I miss Natalie already!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home