This one's for Grandpa

Saturday, May 15, 2004

Let's see. Yesterday was a really nice, relaxing day - I couldn't've asked for more. I got some breakfast with Annie and then kinda lazed around - literally - all afternoon. I went into her hot tub for awhile, took a nap, read...I have no idea where the time went, but it was 4:45 before I got in the Lexus to go down the hill. I hit up a road side stand to buy some artichokes, which was neat, then drove down Highway 1 to Pebble Beach. This is not the famous Pebble Beach, but an actual pebble beach. The whole beach was tiny little rocks, and it was so fun to dig around and see what I could find. I hung out there for about an hour, kinda taking it all in, and then hopped back in the car (Molly was impatient - she had gone with me) and drove back to Half Moon Bay. I stopped for a little while in town to walk around a little, most of the shops were closed but I liked the feel of the place, very slow paced and easy going. Grandpa called and we chatted for a bit, then I hopped back in the car to drive up the hill. Annie arrived at her house shortly after I did, and we started dinner (hm...we had soup, salad, corn, and some Israeli cous cous) and I played with Molly for awhile. Eric came in time for dinner, and Sarah and Joel turned up just as we finished. Sarah felt my pulse and checked my tongue at my request (I asked her about some herbs for my sinuses) and she told me I am yin deficient...which means I need to change my diet a bit, cutting out sugar and carbs and eating lots of protein and good fats (like avocados and nuts). Yikes - I'll give it a go, we'll see what happens. It was fun talking about Chinese medicine with her, since that's what she's studying. I couldn't believe she could tell this about me just from my tongue and pulse - how cool! Eric and I went back to his place and unpacked the stuff he had just bought for his place - two AWESOME lamps and a papason chair. They all look totally cool.
We woke up around 9 this morning and took it easy, talking and having some poached eggs for breakfast. We decided what errands to run and then around 1:30 we left. We stopped at this HUUUUGE redwood tree named Mathusalah - AMAZING. I have never seen a tree that big. Then we went to Radio Shack, then to Pier 1 to grab some pillows for Eric's window seat. After that, we went to Target for some lightbulbs and picture frames, then checked out a nursery before going into Half Moon Bay. We got a sandwich and some chips and guacamole for supper, then drove down to the beach so I could say good-bye. Now we're back hanging out at his apartment, with plans to go pick up Molly so she can come here for the night (Annie is having a Taoist priest's assistant stay the night - very important and exciting!) and to watch "The Princess Bride" - Eric's never seen it. I'm feeling a little yucky today - I think I may have gotten a touch of Eric's sickness - bummer. Anyway, it was a nice, relaxing, fun day with Eric - I was glad to spend some time with him and get a chance to talk.

2 Comments:

At 8:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, it's good to see you are back in the game and
blogging. Hiatus had me worried.

 
At 3:14 PM, Blogger nataliejane said...

Sounds like a fun day, I wish I could have been there! Hope you are feeling better. I miss you already! Are you back in PA yet? You must blog, inquiring minds want to know...
lots of love!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home