This one's for Grandpa

Sunday, July 11, 2004

on my mind

I just wanted to say something quickly. I feel a little stung by the constant commentary against Moore. Jack, I think you may be as guilty of being biased as Moore himself. Certainly, if you look for articles against him, you will find them. However, it's just as easy to find articles in support of him and his ideas. You are presenting just one side of the story. Bush is just as guilty of playing "fast and loose with the truth," and to quote someone great, he's not my kind of warm and fuzzy guy either. All I'm saying is it's easy to find articles by people that follow your line of thinking, but a little more difficult to read and accept something that is contrary to your opinions. Jack, I like the articles you are sending me, although they are difficult and frustrating for me. But all I'm seeing from you is one side of the story.

2 Comments:

At 2:53 AM, Blogger Eric Case said...

Guys, none of the articles critiquing (or praising) Moore matter. What matters is that dialogue is happening, and people are thinking and questioning! This has never happened before on such a massive scale!

The simple fact that all these foolish people are spending so much time debunking one another tells me that Moore's already won! :)

-E

 
At 1:20 PM, Blogger Eric Case said...

This articulates my opinion way better than I can do:

"But, in the end, Moore's own politics, and his film's unapologetic propagandist bent, don't really matter. What matters is how the movie has helped make radical dissent a healthy part of American discourse again. How Moore has reopened the gates of independent thought and proved that the GOP's famous lightning bolts of spin and hate did not strike him dead as he did so. Helluva gift to the nation, that."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home