This one's for Grandpa

Monday, June 28, 2004

wild times

Well, guys, there has been good reason for my not blogging - I have been SWAMPED with incredibly important things happening in my life, for example, keeping Dicey from eating the bunnies in our back yard (see pictures below!), staining my home-made bookshelf, reading Harry Potter, and baking cookies. Of course, around these very thrilling and exciting activities, I still managed to find time in my busy schedule to give my sermon at church. Man, oh, man. The service went really well, I got a lot of nice comments so that was great - it's always nice to hear how wonderful you are =). Work today was ok but it was a looooooong day, I just wanted it to be overrrr all dayyyy. Tonight, I made some vanilla pudding featured in Mom's Cooking Light magazine, and I also made some cookies on the sheets that Uncle Phil had bought me for Christmas. They look excellent, if I do say so myself. Of course the excitement for today was Dicey's discovery of a nest of baby bunnies in our back yard during dinner. She kept standing over the nest, and I couldn't figure out why she wouldn't chase the ball when I threw it. Mom figured out what it was, and one of the bunnies made a mad dash away from the nest, so I am a little concerned that it didn't make it home, but Dad said it would smell it's way home. Hopefully that is true. They are very cute - reminded me of Leaper, but brown. Awwwwww, Leaper! It was great to talk to Natalie, Grandpa, and Uncle Phil yesterday on the phone. I am getting more and more excited for our beach trip. I have a great book that I am saving to read at the beach - Karen Armstrong's new biography. Mom already read it and said it was great, in fact, she said it reminded her of what I said in my sermon. Cool, huh!? I saw Michael Moore's new film last night, it was great. It really inspired me to get out and do something, so I called my youth advisor for my youth group at school today to talk to her about some social activism stuff to get involved with this year. Of course, it is clear to see that Moore is pretty biased, so it's hard to know what to really take seriously, but as Mom said, if even half of the stuff in that movie is true, then it's pretty terrifying. Here's an article a friend sent me about the movie - it's a very different perspective. http://slate.msn.com/id/2102723/
It's quite long, I'm about half way through and it's interesting. I think it's good to hear both sides of the story! I hear Alana has joined the readers of this blog. Alana, are you out there? You best get to commenting, here. I am off to shower and bed. It has been a long day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home