This one's for Grandpa

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

ciao ciao!

My first post from Italia! Yesterday evening I went out on the town with my roommates and a few other girls. We checked out an Irish pub (weird, right? they're all over the city) and then got hit on by some Italian ragazzi...good times! The city is so alive at night, literally so many people were out on the street doing all kinds of stuff. There were lots of street vendors too, so we just wandered around for awhile, enjoying the weather. It's a little annoying being so far outside of the city and I was tired on the bus ride home, but as we walked back to our casa we realized that it was worth it -- the country was sooo beautiful. Antella's tiny piazza was dimly lit and the air was perfect and we walked up the hill in almost total darkness, with only the stars to guide us...it was really really beautiful and I totally appreciated the beauty of living outside the city. So any hassle there will be will be worth it for the peace. My roommates and I are heading out to Ferrara with the program on Friday, then up to the Cinque Terre on Sabato to visit. There is some great hiking and beaches there -perfetto!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home