This one's for Grandpa

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

London, Day 1 and 2

Arrived into London around 7AM but didn't actually leave the airport til 8:30 - the passport line took FOREVER. I hopped on a bus that took me to the nearest tube stop and was on the tube for about an hour before meeting Peter and Annie. SOOOO great to see them! I didn't realize how much I missed them. We went to the British library for a bit then walked forEVER, checking out Parliament, Westminster Abbey, Big Ben, Buckingham Palace, the London Eye -- all the big stuff. London is a neat city, what I like best is that it doesn'tFEEL like a city. The streets are small and there are no really huge building. Plus, it just feels old. We got some pizza for lunch then at a Japanese noodle restaurant for dinner. After one beer, I was ready for BED - hit the sack around 9:30.

This AM we slept in, then had some coffe (well, they had tea) before heading to the British Museum. No WONDER Greece wants Elgin Marbles back - it was truly breathtaking, especially since I've spent so much time studying that stuff. We were there for 3 hours and barely made a dent - we'll be going back tomorrow I suspect. We stopped at Tesco for some food - we bought lunch and dinner there (yay, cheap!) Now we'reoff to see St. Paul's, etc. in that area. Should be fun!

1 Comments:

At 10:47 PM, Blogger nataliejane said...

Well, it's nice you finally blogged. Are you aware that posts from Jan. are still visible on your blog? Wow Wunna. BUCK UP AND DON'T BUCK OUT!
-hrh

 

Post a Comment

<< Home