This one's for Grandpa

Sunday, August 08, 2004

Family camping

Well, it was a very pleasant vacation with the family. We drove about an hour and a half on Friday, then set up camp, roasted some marshmallows, and chatted by firelight. Friday night was the WORST NIGHT OF MY LIFE. Ben snored like NOTHING I have ever heard. I was up on my own for the first two hours, and I continually attempted to make him stop snoring. However, he continually yelled at me and told me to leave him alone. Finally, Mom and Paul woke up, and Mom and I made the executive decision to go sleep in the car. This was not exactly what I would call pleasant, either, but at least we didn't have to listen to Ben SNORE. Saturday, we chilled around the campsite and then went for a hike to the Pinnacle (enjoy the pictures from the hike!). It was about 10 miles and it took us 5 hours. I was pretty exhausted by the end. Dicey hiked with us, and kept up pretty well considering her short legs! We went back to the campsite after our hike and had some tacos for dinner. We all sat around and read for awhile, but I was so tired I went to bed by 9:30. Ben had been banished to the car for sleeping, so I slept like a ROCK and didn't move til morning. We had breakfast this morning and then packed up. We stopped at Hawk Mountain to look around, but Dad couldn't talk us into hiking again (although he tried!). We stopped at an outfitter's store called Cabela's...this is THE HUGEST store I have ever seen, all full of camping supplies and clothes, etc. It was fun to look around but WAY too big and WAY too many people. We came on home, unpacked, and hung out til dinner. I'm headed out to my friend's house, but I didn't want to keep you all waiting too much longer!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home